If you are ready to ramp up your cookbook, we have a great recipe for you! If your family loves taco night, this taco lasagna recipe is worth trying. This fun taco recipe will be a huge hit with your family. Let’s see what you will need to make this unique dish.
Here’s What You’ll Need
The ingredients couldn’t be simpler for this flavor-packed recipe. To make taco lasagna you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 flour tortillas, 8 inch
- 3 cups of Mexican cheese
This recipe makes 8 servings and takes 30 minutes to cook. With prep time and cook time, this recipe will take about an hour to make.
You might also like: Top Food Trends Of 2021
Time to Cook
This is such an easy recipe to make. It’s just like making lasagna but with taco filling and tortillas! In just 6 steps, this recipe will be ready for your friends and family to enjoy.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat a medium pan with olive oil and add your chopped green pepper and onion. Saute these until they are translucent.
- Add your meat and cook until it is no longer pink. Once it is cooked, add your water and taco seasoning, allowing it to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add in your black beans, corn, and tomatoes with juice. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Take your tortillas and place two on the bottom of your baking dish. Spread half a can of refried beans and half of the meat mixture over the tortillas. Next, top with 1 cup of cheese, and add another layer. Also, top the last layer with 1 cup of cheese as well.
- Cover your baking dish with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes. Broil on high for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is golden brown.
Taco lasagna is not only fun to make but such a delicious recipe too. We hope you enjoy it!
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.